I woke up this morning to a crisp breeze rippling
through the aspens into my kitchen window. The glow of sunrise reflected off
logs surrounded me as I brewed a cup of coffee to the tune of hummingbirds. Hang
on a sec the hummingbirds are dive bombing each other again.
"Pipe down you nectar huffing bag pipes!"
Sorry they've been fighting over a butterfly bush for an hour now, persistent as sibling rivalry. They chase and ambush each other and believe it or not that lovely trill is starting to sound like spoiled milk steaming on the radiator. I think they flunked sharing in kindergarten.
With my cup of coffee, I sit down angled so I can see the bird feeder. I'm curious about my fine feathered guests. My dad is the bird watcher so I took some photos to send him. I just want to learn their habits so I know which bird's next on the U. S. Fish and Wildlife's endangered species list if they peck at the side of the house one more time. I took pictures of this beautiful blue bird of happiness from all angles for easier identification.
I admired his royal blue brightness until he opened his beak. He let out a noise that would have made a female squeak toy fall in love. So that got me thinking with irreverent creativity. I know dangerous pastime, right? I figured out the next book that needs to be written and it will appeal to a discriminating way under-served market...


No comments:
Post a Comment